Welcome to our website !

Cheryl Johnson-Managing Creativity

Cheryl Johnson is a Fine Art—Abstract Expressionist painter. She has been gifted with renowned artistic talent. Johnson primarily works in oil and mixed media. Her work has transitioned from being a noted portrait and realist painter to her current Abstract focus. She is also an accomplished sculptor and photographer. Her work is exhibited in corporations, galleries and personal collections across America, Canada, and Europe.

Engaging

By 2:47 PM

Engaging: Today I am exploring the sense of light color and atmosphere and simply enjoying the beauty all around me. love by my side and in my heart. Being easy and giving myself permission to let it all go and simply enjoy what ever comes today. I am in the dream space now imagining, planing so that each piece will have an individual light and theme that is all it's own. when I begin a plan for a painting I simply search for the dark and light. The first goal is to create a strong value composition. I enjoy the process of squinting and simply "Seeing only the lights and dark and the grey values." I want to think past the technique and process and explore the sensitivity of light and dark; my mind simply floats and I let my spirit fly into the softness of the shadows and I explore the transittions of umbra and penumbra. Today, I am blessed to be looking out across the Wainiha Valley watching Sunday morning coming down. I love to go to museums or browse art books or peruse art sites especially the impressionist and the new artists that are creating beyond the,selves like Richter. How can we stand on the shoulders of these giants and learn, emulate and explore and become more. My goal is to create an engaging composition first, second I start to think of the values and third then I take the time to really expand my abilities and master the technique. I am always mindful of the emotion or feeling I want to elicit. In the final viewing have I want to have assurance that I enjoyed, and known this day I have grown. Is the end piece, pleasing, beautiful and moving? We shall see.

You Might Also Like

0 comments